Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At South Shore Long Island Periodontics & Implantology, we want to make sure you have the information you need so that you can make educated decisions about your dental care. We recognize that you probably have a lot of questions about your condition and treatment, and we want to make sure that you get answers to your questions.
If you ever feel like you need more information, please don’t hesitate to ask your doctor. We’ll take the time to talk to you. We’ve also collected some of the questions we hear most often, so take a look and see if your question is answered here.
If you need more information or have a question that isn’t answered here, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
- What is a periodontist?
- I'm considering becoming pregnant. Should I visit a periodontist?
- Can children get periodontal disease?
- What's the best way to replace a missing tooth?
- Can a periodontal procedure improve the appearance of my smile?
- If periodontal disease is an infection, why don't you just use a powerful antibiotic?